[CT Birds] Evening Grosbeaks in Ashford

Steve Morytko smorytko at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 18 09:27:39 EST 2016

At 8:30a there were 2 Evening Grosbeaks in the top of a group of tall (Black ?) spruce trees surrounding my neighbors yard along Wormwood Hill Rd. 1/4 mile south of the intersection with Varga Road (directly across from the barn complex). The birds were seen for only the first 3 minutes of my 30 minutes there. Parking is would be better up near Varga Road. A Yellow-bellied Sapsucker was seen in the yard and there were 8 American Black Ducks in Leander Pond. Steve MorytkoAshford CT