[CT Birds] Quinebaug Fish Hatchery / Sterling yard

dbobolink at aol.com dbobolink at aol.com
Mon Nov 14 20:50:56 EST 2016

>From Robert and Linda Dixon
11/14/16 - Central Village, Quinebaug Fish Hatchery (9:30 am - 11:30am) - CLAY-COLORED SPARROW along with imm. WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW, FIELD SPARROW (2) and SAVANNAH SPARROW (3) feeding along grassy road that runs along east fence of holding ponds walking in from Pasture Pond. Complete list and photos -  http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S32557996

Sterling yard - Had a BLACK  VULTURE walking around the feeders and yard today and even walked up to our grill on the patio and started picking at it. I tossed a piece of suet out on the patio and the vulture walked over and ate it. It may be injured.
Also one female PURPLE FINCH at the feeders. Complete list and photos -  http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S32558167