[CT Birds] COA DUCK WORKSHOP

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Thu Nov 17 22:44:15 EST 2016

Hello, again, fellow birders!  A second reminder:

The COA Dabbling and Diving Duck Workshop will be held on Saturday, November
19th starting at 8 am at Mondo Ponds in Milford.  The format for this
workshop will be a little different from the others we have held this year.
We will not have a formal discussion session. Instead, we will go to several
locations in Milford and Stratford to observe as many duck species as
possible and discuss their ID characteristics as we observe them.  The
workshop is free and open to COA members and non-members alike.  Beginning
birders are welcome.  Advance registration is not necessary. The workshop is
likely to run until 11 am or so.  I hope to see you there!

The official announcement is as follows:

Dabbling and Diving Duck Workshop

Mondo Ponds, Milford

Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 8:00 am (rain date: November 20, 2016)

Learn how to identify the different waterfowl species that dabble and dive
in our freshwater ponds and lakes. We will start at Mondo Ponds and then
visit other ponds in Milford and Stratford.  The workshop is free and open
to COA members and non-members alike. Meet at the parking lot at the
northeast corner of the school grounds at John F. Kennedy Elementary School
at 404 West Avenue in Milford (the south side of Mondo Pond). Leader and
contact person: Chris Loscalzo at closcalz at optonline.net and 203 389-6508.

Chris Loscalzo

Woodbridge