[CT Birds] Westport Evening Grosbeak

petermgreen at hotmail.com petermgreen at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 18 06:39:09 EST 2016

Westport -Burying Hill Beach- just had a single adult male Evening Grosbeak flyover and calling. The bird flew in from the east and almost landed on the jetty,but flew over towards the beach at Sherwood Island,circled back towards Burying Hill and then headed west along the beach,calling constantly.

BTW,I have found Burying Hill Beach to be a great spot for early morning flight of passerines while I check for birds out on Long Island Sound. It's a great location to bird while you're waiting for Sherwood Island SP to open at 8am.

Tina Green
Westport
Sent from my iPhone