[CT Birds] Sharpie/Coop

Ryan Wirtes tachycineta at fastmail.com
Fri Nov 18 12:52:52 EST 2016

It's amazing to me how photos change appearance when you focus on some
of the details too closely, missing the forest for the trees so to
speak.  After Jim's ID tips, I looked at the photos and thought, "yeah,
it's obviously a cooper's!"  The head even looks too big to be a
sharpie, yet when I initially tried to ID the bird, the head didn't seem
that big.  Thank you Katherine for posting and thank you Jim for your
expertise.  It was a good learning experience!  I will be saving this
email for future reference.

Ryan Wirtes
Bethlehem