[CT Birds] Short-eared Owl

Jim Pfeifer Jim.Pfeifer at erm.com
Fri Nov 25 14:46:37 EST 2016

Friday, November 25, 11:40 AM, flushed a SE Owl from cover in corn fields on north side of Durkee Road here in Somers. I have bird‎ed these fields weekly (especially in  fall and winter) for years, and this is first time for this species in this area. Habitat is perfect, and I always expected I would see one. Based on very light color, I think it was a male.  Bird flew north and dropped back into cover maybe 300 feet from me. I did not follow, of course.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.