[CT Birds] Herring, Gulls, Gannets and more off Milford

Ian Devlin captain_ian at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 15:57:02 EST 2016

While fishing in the rain and chop today offshore of Milford, I had Greater Black backed Gulls, Herring Gulls, and two Northern Gannets feeding on Atlantic Herring that a couple migratory schools of Striped Bass were pushing to the surface. Both species of loons, Oldsquaw, Scoters, and a couple Bonaparte's Gulls were in the area too. Pouring rain and choppy water made it the typical scene of blitzing I love to see this time of the year, and the mild temperatures made is pretty comfy to be out there.

Capt. Ian Devlin
East Norwalk, CT.

Sent from my iPhone