[CT Birds] Feeders deserted

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Thu Dec 1 10:16:19 EST 2016

Looks like I may end up counting hawks this winter, rather than  enjoying
my feeder birds. 2 days ago I had a beautiful adult Sharp-shinned Hawk
sitting on the large rock where I put out feed for Juncos and other sparrows.
This morning I looked out to see a juvenile Sharpie sitting on top of my large
 platform feeder. And over the last week or two I've had several Sharpie
fly-bys,  including one that snatched a Titmouse right in front of my nose,
while I was  looking out the window.
In the last few days I've hardly seen my usual feeder  birds.
Don Morgan
Coventry,  Ct