[CT Birds] Eurasian Woodcock, European Jay, European Green Wood Pecker

Mark Aronson markaronson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 11:50:26 EST 2016

Hello Birders -

Now that I have your attention:

This coming Tuesday, December 6th, at 12:30 in the afternoon at the Yale
Center for British Art in New Haven, my colleague Nathan Flis and I will be
discussing the work of the seventeenth century English painter of birds,
Francis Barlow.

Our talk title is :"Birds and Beasts Drawn 'From the Life': an introduction
to the art of Francis Barlow (ca. 1626-1704.)"

Nathan will outline Barlow's history,  we will view two of Barlow's bird
paintings, and an his illustrated Aesop's Fables.  I will review the
restoration of a painting of three Eurasian Woodcock.

The British Art Center is FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, at 1080 Chapel
Street New Haven.  Talk is at 12:30

Mark Aronson