[CT Birds] Groton American Redstart

Dyl Pedro pedrodyl at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 2 19:37:31 EST 2016

This afternoon at Sparkle Lake Conservation Area in Groton, there was a very late American Redstart flycatching around some bittersweet. As far as I can tell from a quick search, this is now the latest record for CT on eBird, with no December records for RI either. There were a few scattered records in other northeast states. Also nearby was a Red Fox Sparrow. Here's the checklist with media:

Interestingly, last weekend in RI I also had a Prairie Warbler and a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher hanging about, so keep an eye out! Maybe they'll stick around for the CBCs.

Dylan Pedro,
Burrillville, RI