[CT Birds] Highland Lake Wnsted Ducks today

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 9 14:11:20 EST 2016

On my way to a tooth extraction in Winsted, I did some ducking at Highland lake. For once it had many ducks. Being a deep MT lake, it stays open well into winter. Seen were,16 Bufflehead, 2 Red Headed Duck, over 100 Hooded Merganser, 27 Common Merganser, 6 Ringneck Duck, 20 Ruddy Duck, and reg Mallards and Black Duck. Also seen was a small Gull in with many Ringbill Gulls. Not having a scope with me, don't know the species.
Paul Carrier - Harwinton