[CT Birds] Madison/Guilford highlights

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Sat Dec 10 15:07:34 EST 2016

12/10/16.  We spent a fine morning birding at several coastal sites in
Madison and Guilford today.  First stop was the Moraine Trail at Hammonasset
where we were treated to excellent looks at the ASH-THROATED FLYCATCHER that
has been there for the past week.  Three COMMON EIDER (one immature male and
two females) were off the end of the trail.  A young ICELAND GULL flew by us
at East Wharf Park in Madison. Later, we relocated the two LONG-BILLED
DOWITCHERS at Leetes Island marsh in Guilford.  And, a juvenile NORTHERN
GOSHAWK flew by, going east to west, while we were there.  A fine day,
indeed!

Chris Loscalzo and Marianne Vahey,
Woodbridge