[CT Birds] Hammo Ash-throated Flycatcher pics

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Thu Dec 8 17:11:09 EST 2016

After Jerry's birdwalk at Hammo this morning, when we had looks  at the
flycatcher twice, I decided to go back on my own to see if I could find  it
again and take some pictures. To my surprise I did find it and it hung around
for about half an hour with little complaint before I lost it.
If you get a box that asks you to sign in after clicking the  link below,
click the little X in the upper right corner and you will be  able to see
the pictures.
As I watched the bird it moved about 100 yards towards the end  of the
moraine trail from where I spotted it. It finally flew, and to my  surprise it
flew right back to the place where I first saw it, so I assume it  likes that
area. At a guess it's about 150 yards from where you go up onto the
moraine from the shell beach. There is a pile of driftwood on the beach that
looks like it's been piled up for a fire near that location.
Don Morgan
Coventry,  Ct