[CT Birds] New Haven area highlights 12/8

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 9 08:55:08 EST 2016

12/8. Long-time birding buddy, Louis Bevier (of Maine) and I got to do some birding around New Haven on Thursday. We found nothing rare, but highlights were:
Sandy Point, West Haven - 1 adult NORTHERN GANNET flying south out of NH harbor past Lighthouse Point.
Sea St., West Haven - adult BALD EAGLE perched in tall Norway Spruce (and visible from Julian Hough's house).
East Shore Park, New Haven- among the many birds, 1 RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET (but no late warblers nor swallows).
The seafood lunch at Stowe's was great.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford

Sent from my iPhone