[CT Birds] Cooper's Hawk prey items?

jaybrd49 at aol.com jaybrd49 at aol.com
Sat Dec 10 08:50:47 EST 2016

Hi Clark!

At this season, all manner of predation can occur as food becomes scarce and all these hawks can be pretty opportunistic when it comes to a meal.  In a long ago edition of The CT Warbler, I wrote a brief article about a red-shouldered hawk preying on a sharp-shinned hawk at a Simsbury feeding station.  Not the typical fare for a "shoulder."

Jay Kaplan
Canton