[CT Birds] Ash-throated Flycatcher

Ralph Amodei ramodei at att.net
Sat Dec 10 14:15:21 EST 2016

12/10 - 12-1230 - Ash-throated Flycatcher present fly catching with many folks photographing.The bird was at Meig's Point on sea side lee side in full sun light. I didn't realize how big the bird was untillI saw it. Thanks Don Morgan for the photos you took the other day. Life bird ! Hammonasset State Park,
Madison, CT Take I-95 north exit 62. Right at end at stop sign. Follow road to end stop light. Cross intersectioninto park. Go through ticket boths go left at rotary. Follow road past nature center to end - Meig's Point.Park on left or right follow left side of lot there is a foot trail to where there is alot of washed up sea shells.The bird is right there to your left among low branchs, shrubs and rocks. It will land on the rocks as well.When we all left bird flew into the cedars. Follow same directions south bound I 95 same exit.

Ralph Amodei, East Haven