[CT Birds] Snowy Owl in Water in Stratford

Tony Eason aaeason at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 12:39:33 EST 2016

I just watched a snowy owl struggling first on ice (I initially thought it was dragging something it caught), then it fell through the ice and was slowly "swimming" and trying to get back onto solid ice.  It seemed that it couldn't or wouldn't fly.   Don't know if there is anything that can be done or should be done.  It is a good 50 yards into the marsh and seems inaccessible.  I can be reached at 917-576-0843 if anyone wants more detailed info.