[CT Birds] Snowy Owl in Water in Stratford

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Dec 16 13:41:28 EST 2016

Thanks.   I’m hoping that means it flew off.   We looked pretty carefully.   On the bright side, Snowy Owls preferred prey seem to be waterfowl and gulls, and they are arctic birds and surprisingly good swimmers.   Hopefully that means they are well adapted to surviving mishaps like this.

Patrick

Phone: (203)405-9115  http://ct.audubon.org/
Stratford Point is on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/StratfordPoint/
https://www.facebook.com/AudubonAlliance/

Plants for Birds!
Find the best plants in your area on Audubon’s new Plants for Birds Database here<http://ct.audubon.org/plantsforbirds>
…and check out this cool video about the campaign here!<http://ct.audubon.org/plantsforbirds>

I was contacted by several people (one who works with APlace Called Hope) and gave detailed directions.  They could not find it.  Last I saw it, it was pulling/swimming through the water and had reached the edge and into the reeds.  I can see that, once in the reeds, it would be hard to see.  It has a lot of black "checking" in it.