[CT Birds] Ashford Rusty Blackbirds

Steve Morytko smorytko at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 17 17:22:07 EST 2016

Since we're sharing Rusty Blackbird sightings I'll add that we had 26 coming into feeding areas in our yard today. That matches the high number I had about a week ago but is down from a flock of 50+ that were here in early November. They are pretty regular in small numbers beginning in the fall until the weather gets really frigid and then again in early spring until they migrate to breeding grounds. We also get large flocks of Common Grackles in the yard and surrounding area. They chow down a lot of bird seed quickly! Steve Morytko288 Varga Rd.Ashford CT