[CT Birds] PF Goose Yes...then No

Ryan Maclean ryanmac335 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 10:33:45 EST 2016

After viewing the Pink-Footed Goose at Grass Island for about 15 minutes
the bird mysteriously vanished once I switched my vantage point to view
itin better light. A trio of Mute Swans seemed to be pushing part of the
goose flock further out into the bay but 20 more minutes of scanning
couldn't relocate the bird. Multiple people are there now trying to
relocate the bird but as of now still no luck. Steamboat Road is another
good spot to check but it could also easily be hiding out of sight at the
end of Grass Island. Wherever it is, hopefully it sits tight for the
Christmas Count on Sunday...
-Ryan MacLean