[CT Birds] Sherwood Island Highlights

Chris Petherick cpetherick at me.com
Tue Dec 13 17:03:20 EST 2016

At Sherwood Island SP this afternoon I had 2 Lesser Black-Backed gulls, both out by the point with the other gulls.  Both were winter adults identified as LBBG vs GBBG by size, bright yellow legs and streaky head and neck.  Unsure if Hooded Mergansers are notable, but there were 7 in the marshy area along with a Blue Heron.

Chris Petherick
Fairfield, CT