[CT Birds] Male purple finch and yellow-bellied sapsucker

Kathy kathycoed at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 09:06:58 EST 2016

New Canaan yard: this morning , along with regular yard birds including goldfinch and red breasted nuthatches I have a male purple finch and male yellow-bellied sapsucker. The sapsucker shows up often on the old apple tree where my feeders are located. I had several purple finch earlier in the fall but not for a while. I also watched an immature Cooper's hawk yesterday in that tree and then perched on a boxwood hedge and the ground under a bay window. He also briefly perched on the windowsill and seemed to be looking in the window as well as at the hedge! He/she? is a frequent visitor around our yard.
Kathy Edwards
Sent from my iPad