[CT Birds] (no subject)

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Wed Dec 14 16:59:40 EST 2016

I did another tour around Coventry Lake this afternoon, with a  few more
stops and attention to detail. I found out from Dan Rottino that the  Gadwall
and Ring-necked ducks he saw yesterday were in a location I had not  stopped
at, but I looked today and saw nothing there. Overall, my findings today
were similar to yesterday. Lots more Mallards than I thought when I actually
counted them. I did not count gulls, but their numbers appeared to be
somewhat  down from a year or two ago. However, there is 1 Greater Black-backed
Gull, as  there has been just about every year.
Mallards                     208
Ruddy  Ducks            8
Buffleheads              4
Hooded Mergansers        33