[CT Birds] Harlequin Duck Penfield Reef

James Purcell jpurcell1616 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 13:11:39 EST 2016

After constant scanning and checking of Penfield Reef and Sunken Island
since I returned home on Wednesday, I've finally managed to find the
previously reported HARLEQUIN DUCK at Penfield Reef just now. Not too far
out on the reef itself (note that high tide is generally better because the
ducks tend to be much closer to shore at that time), loosely associating
with some goldeneye and White-winged Scoter.

Also a flyby Snow Bunting, many White-winged Scoter, Common Goldeneye,
Long-tailed Duck, Red-throated and Common Loon, Greater and Lesser Scaup.

James Purcell
Fairfield, CT