[CT Birds] Avon reservoir 6 a pair of leucistic Canada Geese

Susanne Shrader birdgirrl at comcast.net
Mon Dec 19 18:01:51 EST 2016

During CBC of Harford yesterday, I spotted a definite pair of Canada Gooses, like others from the neck up, but breast and back creamy with brown splotches.  Same size as the other 2000.  This is not my photo, but it gives you an idea.  https://www.carolinabirdclub.org/gallery/Kerschner/cang.html <https://www.carolinabirdclub.org/gallery/Kerschner/cang.html>  the neck and head are black so they are not truly leucistic.  Any ideas on this?

Susanne Shrader
birdgirrl at comcast.net