[CT Birds] Hartford Snowy Owl

Jamie Meyers sunnyctredbird at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 12:48:18 EST 2016

The Snowy Owl was relocated about 10 AM this morning, sitting on top of the Agave Restaurant, very near where Bill saw the bird a couple of hours earlier. It remain there for about two hours or so. I did not see it when I went out to my car about 12:30 PM.

I work in the same building as Bill, four floors up. Somebody on my floor related to me a scene of conflict between the owl and Peregrine Falcon similar to that which Bill described in his post. When I went out to look at the owl about 10 AM, the falcon was sitting on top of a nearby hotel screaming its brains out.  Pretty interesting interaction between those two species.

Bill and I were both able to treat several coworkers to a sighting of a wild bird they had previously only seen in the movies. It was a pretty cool diversion from an otherwise humdrum workday.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT

Sent from my iPhone