[CT Birds] Corvid question

Stephen Broker ls.broker at cox.net
Thu Dec 22 13:53:05 EST 2016

During my seventeen years of observing nesting Common Ravens at West Rock Ridge (Woodbridge), I have seen them harassed and pursued many times by small numbers of American Crows, but also by Common Grackles and Red-winged Blackbirds.  Pursuit never lasts very long, as the ravens are faster fliers and usually are off from their cliff face nesting area and are on a patrolling mission or are after dumpster food.  The ravens tend to treat the smaller birds as we treat flies buzzing around our heads.  But, beware the pursuer who gets too close!  Thanks for sharing your observation.

Steve Broker