[CT Birds] Female horned Lark? Bluff point state park

Daniel P Falvo danielpfalvo at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 07:36:17 EST 2017

Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2017 4:18 PM
Subject: Female Horned Lark? Bluff Point State Park

  I am not 100% sure about the ID however I have 2 pics. A side-view and a head on pic. The dark breast bands and mustache looks correct with yellow in the face ,no horns which is why I think it is a female. Light underside with a speckled breast just below the breast band then going to a uniform white. Narrow white bands on tail feathers match. Can anyone take a look at the pics I have for a positive ID? My wife & I am new to birding, any help is appreciated.

Also spotted an Adult Great Black backed Gull and a 2nd Winter Ring Billed Gull on a rock offshore toward the airport behind the sand peninsula. All around noon today.

Happy New Year

Dan & Nicole Falvo
Haddam Ct

Daniel P Falvo