[CT Birds] East Hartford Black Vulture

teustis at killingworthlibrary.org teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Wed Jan 4 13:47:40 EST 2017

Stuart, your email reminded me... My father and I were driving through
downtown Chester on Monday (1/2) and we passed Chesterfields nursing
home. Their roof was *covered* with vultures! Before you think the worst
- Chester Creek Preserve is a big gathering spot for vultures (both
turkey and black), and they've been pretty opportunistic about where
they land. About 10 years ago, we saw a house abutting the creek with
vultures lined up along the roof; we thought they were leftover
Halloween decorations until they started preening.
Anyway, the downtown Chester/creek area is an excellent vulture-watching
spot. (And you can grab a nice bite to eat while you're down there,
too.)
:-)  Tammy Eustis, Chester