[CT Birds] daily or weekly digest for CT birding listserv?

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Wed Jan 4 16:41:41 EST 2017

There is a Digest mode, but it is based on how active the list is rather than on a fixed time interval.  Typically a Digest goes out every ten messages or so, which might be as little as once a day or as often as a few times a day..  Anyone wanting to try Digest mode can set it for themselves here: http://lists.ctbirding.org/mailman/listinfo/ctbirds_lists.ctbirding.org by using the "Unsubscribe or edit options" button at the very bottom.  Or just drop me an email.

Please remember that if you are Replying to a Digest message you need to edit the message and remove the text of the Digest.  Otherwise your message goes with the entire Digest appended, and than that Digest appears again in the next digest.

Another alternative...  Depending on your email provider and how you use it you may be able to create a folder within your email and router all the CTBirds messages into the folder.  You still receive everything, without delay, but you can read it on your own schedule.  How to do that will vary depending on your email provider.

You can also read CTBirds on the web, with several sites to choose from:

http://lists.ctbirding.org/pipermail/ctbirds_lists.ctbirding.org/http://birding.aba.org/maillist/CT01
http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/CTBirds
http://digest.sialia.com/?rm=one_list;id=102

I hope that helps.