[CT Birds] Trees on Charles island

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Jan 6 06:44:21 EST 2017

Not to beat this horse anymore, but the tree issue seems to be a bit of a false flag in the letter.  It seems to me that the main reason they are upset is because the island is closed to public access and the tree issue was perhaps brought up as a reason why maybe the colony might not be a good thing and why people should be allowed on the island to dissuade nesting?  In any case, one correction is that Charles Island isn't part of the state park, but rather a Natural Area Preserve.  One of the few areas in the state protected as such.

Patrick Comins, Meriden

Sent from my iPhone