[CT Birds] Menunkatuck's Monthly meeting

Lorrie Shaw tofish at snet.net
Mon Jan 2 17:49:37 EST 2017

Want to be a better birder?
Menunkatuck Audubon’s monthly meeting on January 11th 7 pm, Branford’s Blackstone Library
features Julian Hough

Why do some people find an inordinate number of rarities? Why are some individual birds misidentified by large groups of people? In his talk, Phantasms & Fallacies: The Pitfalls in Bird Identification, Julian Hough answers these questions – and more – by looking at the connection between our brain and the process of bird identification and how we all are susceptible to making mistakes in the field.
Meeting is free and open to all