[CT Birds] NHBC 1st Wednesday Walk Highlights

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 4 20:50:22 EST 2017

Waterford- Harkness Memorial State Park- With cloudy skies and breezy conditions, we managed to see 48 species and many of us added some nice birds to our 2017 year list. We had 13 duck species including all 3 scoter species. One elusive Pied-billed Grebe was spotted and 28 Purple Sandpipers gave us up close spectacular looks. Several Northern Gannets were offshore but didn't see any Razorbills.Eastern Bluebirds and American Goldfinches were abundant but Chickadees,Mourning Doves,and Titmice were not to be found. Only one Yellow-rumped Warbler was heard and seen and there were very few Sparrows anywhere.
The sun was peeking through the clouds now and then and it was very comfortable for early January. Thanks to all today's participants for another enjoyable First Wednesday Walk!

Tina Green
Sent from my iPhone