[CT Birds] Eastern Towhee - Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 7 13:15:45 EST 2017

Doing Feeder Watch for the Cornell Lab of Ornithology this weekend and just had a male Eastern Towhee in bushes by one side of our house here in Washington, CT. This was likely the Towhee I saw on 17 December 2016 during the Woobury-Roxbury Christmas Bird Count which was the only Eastern Towhee recorded for this Christmas Bird Count. Interesting that this is the  second time this bird has been here on a snowy day this Winter. This Eastern Towhee may be the same towhee I saw here off and on last Winter.

David W BabingtonWashington, CT