[CT Birds] Snow birds Stratford Point

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Tue Jan 10 10:23:41 EST 2017

With the snow cover we now have a decent flock of Snow Buntings (~20) and Horned Larks (~40) hanging around.  They tend to gravitate to the windblown areas with bare ground near the north shore and along the trail to the Sound shore from the parking area.   Also occasionally on the roof as happens in the winter.   I've been scattering seed in these areas to keep the flocks around.  Thank you to those who have donated seed!

Patrick

Phone: (203)405-9115  http://ct.audubon.org/
Stratford Point is on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/StratfordPoint/