[CT Birds] Crow roost

James Dugan jim at duganworks.com
Tue Jan 10 22:58:04 EST 2017

Last winter I believe they roosted primarily on the north side of 84. This time of year we see numerous birds flying south to that roost from our home that is 10 miles to the north, starting around 3 in the afternoon. Just back on the 24th of December I drove by that roost on the way to JfK at 11 pm and several hundred were clustered on the snow covered ground. They were in the large westbound grass island right at exit 6. Still present several hours later as I was on my way home. The birds were in an approximate 30’ x 20’ group of solid black and not concentrated in the center as far as I could tell. Not sure if there was a deer carcass, but I have no idea why else they would have been on the ground that late at night. Waiting for Santa perhaps?

Jim Dugan
New Milford