[CT Birds] Nod Brook WMA

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 15 10:08:04 EST 2017

Walked along the Farmington River yesterday during the annual Eagle Survey. Yet again, no eagles but another walker said she had seen one two days ago. Not sure this is a reliable report since she also said there was a flock of Arctic Terns floating on the water. (I did check and believe me, there were no terns.)

The river is ice-free and there were a few Hooded Mergansers and a pair of Commons in with the Mallards. A frigid-looking Great Blue Heron was by a side pond, which was frozen. A Red-tailed Hawk was perched in the same spot I saw it last year.

Zellene