[CT Birds] Question

Kevindoyle01@charter.net kevindoyle01 at charter.net
Sun Jan 15 20:31:48 EST 2017

⁣While photographing wood ducks in Milford today I spotted what has to be a hybrid black duck. It was all grey with a darker grey head white eye ring I think. It definitely had a white eyebrow and yellow bill. It was swimming with 2 male mallards and was at least 1/3 larger than the mallards. Any duck experts out there might have any idea what this was and what duck could have matted to produce this. I have excellent captures but haven't downloaded them yet to send.

A day or two will give me time.

Speculation is fine for now. Regardless it was a very attractive duck.

Kevindoyle01 at charter.net
New Milford

Sent from BlueMail ​