[CT Birds] 14-Acre Pond: no Ross's

Brendan Murtha bmskua at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 19 11:16:59 EST 2017

Made use of an empty midterm block to spin by 14-acre and chase the reported Ross's.

I'm currently looking at a pond devoid of many geese. However, there is an all white domestic mallard in the middle of the pond that, with its head tucked in, could be mistaken for a Ross's Goose. Just a word of caution-- I think this bird may have been misidentified.

Otherwise, the pond is actually pretty birdy with WOOD DUCK, GREEN-WINGED TEAL, NORTHERN SHOVELER (2) etc. A Painted Turtle is also out basking.

Brendan Murtha
Norwalk

Sent from my iPhone