[CT Birds] butterfly

Lemmon lemmon at snet.net
Thu Jan 19 23:21:06 EST 2017

Are you sure it was a butterfly?  Even Honeybees don't fly with temperatures below 45 degrees.  However, many winter moths can fly and survive in these low temperatures.  Many are light colored or can be white.  I doubt you got a look close enough to determine if the antennae were knobbed (butterfly----- or straight or feathered --female or male moth).  I maybe wrong...but the best I remember the CT Butterfly Asso. reports the last flying butterfly around Dec 7th...on a past  warm winter.
Carol Lemmon