Mardi Dickinson mardi1d at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 10:05:28 EST 2017

From Mardi & Townsend Dickinson:
1/15/17 - Canaan CT,  Cobble Rd./ Under Mountain Rd. 940:AM - - 14 EVENING GROSBEAKS flew in and landed in tree, bush & near feeder at house on corner.  I haven’t seen these beauties in about 18-20 years in the CT/NY area! 1 Red-breasted Nuthatch, Red-Shouldered Hawk Fly over (Mardi).

Anderson Rd, Morris - Missed the shrike, but there were 2 White-crowned Sparrows in the hedgerows. Going back to Cobble Road later in the afternoon we stopped to let 30 Turkeys cross the road.

DIRECTIONS NOTE for the Evening Grosbeaks:
If you go be sure to go via Under Mountain Road from Barnes Road NOT COBBLE which is flooded and closed.  Go right at the end of Barnes Road. The farm is on the corner of
Cobble and Under Mountain, pull into Cobble - the feeders are on the side of the house.  Homeowners are welcoming!

Mardi Dickinson
Norwalk, CT