[CT Birds] Simsbury Meadows, 1/17 -- Catbird

John Weeks aerie.john at cox.net
Tue Jan 17 15:15:59 EST 2017

Heard it mewing concealed in a thicket, where the boardwalk intersects the dirt road behind the Simsbury dog park. The bird finally came out into the open, and I watched it plucking bittersweet berries.  I left it there eating its lunch at 12:25.

I'm having a lot of fun doing the "Big January" challenge.  The catbird was a very welcome addition to my list, which now stands at 55 species.  Twenty more to go!

John Weeks
North Granby