[CT Birds] Greenwich Razorbills

sean at seanmurthaart.com sean at seanmurthaart.com
Fri Jan 20 14:13:18 EST 2017

Noting Patrick Dugan's Stamford Razorbills, I decided to try my luck at Greenwich Point during my lunchbreak and was rewarded by finding three of them, pretty far out but clearly identifiable through the scope.  There were some other dark blips further away that I couldn't identify.  The three subject birds were swimming and frequently diving, first seen about due south of the point but slowly drifting west.
Lots of the regulars about too- plenty of Brant, Goldeneye, Longtailed ducks, RB Mergansers, Horned Grebes and both Loons.
-Sean Murtha