[CT Birds] Finding the Ross' Goose

Paul Smith paulsmith29 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 21 10:12:26 EST 2017

I have a hypothesis about where to find the goose, but I can't get down to Fairfield to check it ...

It appears that the goose overnights on Bulkley Pond, and can be seen there early in the morning or just before sunset.

It also sometimes forages at the Fairfield Hunt Club, but isn't always there.  Looking at satellite photos for other appropriate areas for foraging,  I see a couple farms on Wakeman Lane.  I would lay money on the bird being there, if it's not at the Hunt Club.

If anyone checks out this location, I'm dying to know -- either way -- whether the bird is there.

Thanks,

Paul Smith
New Haven