[CT Birds] Tufted Duck report correct

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 21 15:15:35 EST 2017

I just had a chance to look at Dylan Jackson's 10:15am eBird report from Captain's Cove, Bridgeport, with attached photos:

His photo clearly shows a female TUFTED DUCK.
His photo of 2 female "Ring-necked Ducks" are actually 2 female REDHEADS, which have been there for a few days.
My past experience at this site is that the scaup flock moves in and out of Captain's Cove, depending on tide and/or time of day.  The flock moves out into the nearby Sound off places like St. Mary's by the Sea, Seaside Park, etc.
Good searching!
Frank MantlikStratford