[CT Birds] Osprey nest

Kevindoyle01@charter.net kevindoyle01 at charter.net
Wed Jan 25 18:03:35 EST 2017

⁣Question can anyone who observes osprey nests tell me if the one at Captain Cove in Bridgeport has been active recently. It appears to be a great spot to observe and photograph.

Also as previously reported the tufted duck gave good views this morning despite awful lighting conditions at Captain Cove. Thanks too the two ladies with scopes who diligently scoured the raft and eventually found her. I believe Audi SUV (grey)😎

Not much at Long Beach even though I photographed a very large gull only later to be told by Patrick Commins it was a galacous gull. I guess rare for our area.

Stratford Point many loons in the main channel  and finally common mergansers, if I'm not mistaken started with one female and ended with 10 males. All off the center trail just past the rocks. Walking around I was alerted by the American Weigon whistle and caught maybe 20-30 landing with a group swimming and in the middle one Eurasian Weigon.

One last ??? Can anyone tell me if Bantam Lake is frozen. With all the warmth I'm thinking it might have opened up. Many thanks.

Kevindoyle01 at charter.net
New Milford

Sent from BlueMail ​