[CT Birds] Clarification on location of Greenwich Point SemiP Plovers

sean at seanmurthaart.com sean at seanmurthaart.com
Sat Jan 28 15:02:41 EST 2017

I was with Jory and other young birders when we relocated the Semipalmated Plovers at Greenwich point, and just to be clear, by "south beach" he did not mean the south-facing shoreline of the point, but rather the Southern end of the swimming beach, right where the groomed sand ends and the rocks begin.  Tide was pretty high when we were there- previous sightings, apparently at low tide, have usually been at the the other end of the beach, close to the entrance to the park.

-Sean Murtha

www.seanmurthaart.com