[CT Birds] Evening Grosbeaks-Yes

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 16:39:42 EST 2017

1/25  Canaan.  8:40AM-9:40 am.
I arrived at the Cobble Rd. Undermountain Rd location at 8:40am.  Very
cordial home owner.
A hawk was sitting in a nearby tree, so I suspect that is what kept the
Grosbeaks away for a while.  Met Gile and 2 other women who were also
looking for the Evening Grosbeaks.
I had to get to my volunteering at Audubon, so I gave myself until 9:30am
and still no sign of the Grosbeaks.  So I waited another few minutes, and
finally (9:40am) One Evening Grosbeak (lifer for me) flew into the tree,
singing.   It flew to another tree. Then I had to leave.  The other people
were still there when I left, and I hope the flock of Grosbeaks showed up
for them.
Bev Propen, Orange