[CT Birds] Sherwood Island Park

Chris Petherick cpetherick at me.com
Wed Jan 25 20:54:10 EST 2017

In addition to 2 Lesser Black-Backed Gulls there was a large raft of Long-Tailed Ducks (estimate of ~250) close in to shore this afternoon, maybe 75 yards out at most.  There were a few common Goldeneye and RB Mergansers mixed in, but I didn’t see anything too unusual.  I had a sharp-shinned hawk and a bald eagle fly over the house (Fairfield) this morning with 7 turkey vultures and 2 RT Hawks flying over the Black Rock Turnpike (Rt 58) in Fairfield today as well.  It’s the most raptors I’ve seen in a while.

Chris Petherick
Fairfield, CT