[CT Birds] Eurasian Wigeon at Stratford point

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Jan 27 12:19:36 EST 2017

The drake Eurasian Wigeon continues at Stratford Point.   Other than that it is pretty much the usual crowd, including the "gray ghost".   In general there are more Dark-eyed Juncos and American Tree Sparrows than we've seen in past winters and perhaps that is because of the now regular water source.

The point should be open again tomorrow, but not sure about Sunday yet.   Access might be a bit spotty through February because I have to take some time off to deal with some family health issues, but Scott will be around and we will try to keep it open as much as possible.   Checking with us through messaging us on our Facebook page is a good way to reach us about access questions or emailing Scott or me.  pcomins at audubon.org<mailto:pcomins at audubon.org> skruitbosch at rtpi.org<mailto:skruitbosch at rtpi.org>

Phone: (203)405-9115  http://ct.audubon.org/
Stratford Point is on Facebook:

Plants for Birds!
Find the best plants in your area on Audubon's new Plants for Birds Database here<http://ct.audubon.org/plantsforbirds>